LAST UPDATED: APRIL 11, 2012
This page describes the terms and conditions that apply to all Internet users visiting this site. By consulting them you unconditionally undertake to comply with them. As terms and conditions may be amended at any time, without prior notice, we advise you to consult them regularly.
1. Intellectual property
This site belongs to and is operated by Sanofi Consumer Health Inc, (hereinafter “SCH”) belonging to the Sanofi Group. The layout and each of the components, including trademarks, logos and domain names, appearing on the site www.allegraallergy.ca (hereinafter the "Site"), are protected by current laws on intellectual property, and belong to Sanofi or its subsidiaries, or their use is the subject of an authorisation.
No component of the Site may be copied, reproduced, altered, edited, downloaded, denatured, transmitted or distributed in any way whatsoever, on any medium whatsoever, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of SCH, except solely for use for press requirements conditional on compliance with intellectual property rights and any other property rights that are mentioned. Only copying for private use is authorised for your own personal, private, non-commercial use, on your personal computer.
The following statement should appear on any authorised copy of all or part of the content of the Site: "COPYRIGHT 2012 – 2012- Sanofi Consumer Health Inc. -ALL RIGHTS RESERVED".
Any authorised use of items composing or shown on the Site must not be denatured, changed or altered in any way whatsoever.
Sanofi, SCH or its subsidiaries reserve the right to take legal action against any breach of its intellectual property rights.
2. Nature of information
The information and contents included in the Site are intended for use only by residents of Canada. The Site includes information on health, physical condition, the medical field and medical treatments solely for human use. Said information is published on the Site for information purposes only and is no substitute for the advice of your physician or pharmacist. The information should not be used under any circumstances to make a medical diagnosis of an illness or physical problem, or for prescribing or using drugs presented on the Site. In all instances you should refer to your physician or pharmacist.
3. Links to other sites
The liability of SCH or of the Sanofi parent company shall not be incurred by a third party site that can be accessed via the Site. We do not have any way of controlling the content of such third party sites which remain entirely independent of SCH. Moreover, the existence of a link between the Site and a third party site does not under any circumstances mean that SCH approves the content of that site in any way whatsoever and in particular the use that may be made of it. In addition, you are responsible for taking the precautions necessary to prevent any infection from the Site, in particular by one or more computer viruses, Trojan horses or any other "parasite". External sites may include hypertext links to the Site. Any such links should not be created without the express prior consent of SCH. In any case, SCH is not in any way liable for the non-availability of such sites and SCH does not scrutinise, check or approve them and is not responsible for contents, advertising, products or other components available on or via those sites.
4. Personal information and other information
5. Limitations on liability
SCH strives to the best of its ability to ensure that information published on the Site is accurate and up-to-date. It reserves the right to correct content at any time, without prior notice. However, SCH cannot guarantee that the information available on the Site is accurate, correct, up-to-date or complete. Consequently, and except for property damage resulting from gross or intentional negligence by SCH, the latter declines any liability:
- for any inaccuracy, error or omission as regards information available on the Site;
- for any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party resulting in an alteration of information or items made available on the Site
- and more broadly, for any property damage or consequential loss, for any reason, of any origin, nature or with any consequences whatsoever, even if SCH had been warned of the possibility of such damage or loss, caused (i) because of any access to the Site or because it was impossible to access it, (ii) because of the use of the Site, including any harm or virus that may infect your computer or any other property, and/or (iii) because of the credence given to any information coming directly or indirectly from the Site.
The components of the Site or of any other site are provided "as is" without any guarantee of any kind, whether implicit or explicit. SCH does not offer any implicit or explicit guarantee, relative, without limitation, to their market value or suitability for any given purpose.
6. Availability of the website
You acknowledge (i) that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free from any defect and that SCH cannot undertake to do so; (ii) that defects may lead to the Site being temporarily unavailable; and that (iii) operation of the Site can be affected by events and/or matters that SCH does not control, such, for example, as means of transmission and communication between you and SCH and between SCH and other networks. SCH and/or its suppliers may, at any time, alter or interrupt, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the Site to undertake maintenance and/or make improvements and/or changes to the Site. SCH is not responsible for any alteration, suspension or interruption of the Site.
7. Information on products
8. Applicable Law
The Site and its content are governed by the Laws of the Province of Quebec, and any disputes relating thereto are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the District of Montreal.
9.1 Publisher of the Site:
Sanofi Consumer Health Inc.
9.2 Éditeur en chef :
55 Corporate Drive
LAST UPDATED: APRIL 11, 2012
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Site is not intended to receive confidential information from you. Consequently, and except for personal data mentioned herein, any information, whatever its form - document, data, graphic, question, suggestion, concept, comment or other - that you send us via and in relation to the Site will not under any circumstances be deemed confidential. Consequently, the act of sending it to us alone gives us the right to use it, reproduce it, publish it, alter it or send it with a view to dealing with your request.
- We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- performance and improvement of the Site,
- gathering data on the Site navigation,
and for any additional purposes identified at the time of collection, and otherwise as permitted or required by applicable law (the “Purposes”).
- Generally stated, by “Personal Information” we mean any information about an identifiable natural person, as further defined in applicable privacy laws. Personal Information may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and email address relating to the Site
- Personal Information is collected during your visit to the Site as follows:
Except for any log files and cookies to the extent set out below, if you are simply visiting our Site without requesting any information via the “Contact Us” section, we do not collect any of your Personal Information.
- - to contact us through our “Contact Us” section.
- By requesting information via the “Contact us” section, you accept to provide us with your Personal Information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address). This information will be used to communicate with you as permitted and/or if required. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to us using the information for the Purposes specified herein.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We do not disclose Personal Information about our Site users visiting the Site, except as described herein, and as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
- Third-party service providers: SCH has engaged third-party service providers to provide certain services and assist with the daily operations and maintenance of the Site, these services may include:
- logistics/technical and level support, and
- testing and validation, hosting, management of the Site.
(collectively the “Services”).
- The Site is not intended to solicit adverse experience for SCH products, SCH’s affiliates’ products or products of other companies. As a user of this Site, if you provide information about an adverse experience while using any of SCH’s products, we may use the information you provided to submit reports to Health Canada and/or other relevant regulators. We may be required to contact you and/or your health care professional for further information. You understand that in order to comply with the law, we may not be permitted to meet your request to amend or remove Personal Information you provided to us or a third party regarding an adverse experience while using any of SCH’s products.
- Other than for the purpose of pharmacovigilance (adverse event) regulatory purposes, in rare situations SCH may be required by court order or other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law to divulge personally identifiable information (Personal Information) to law enforcement authorities, the courts, or regulatory authorities. SCH will cooperate in responding to such requests, in accordance with the regulatory or legal process, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any health-related personally identifiable information they receive.
COOKIES AND LOGFILES
- Information we collect automatically may include information, such as your IP address, domain name, web page, the length of time spent on the site and/or a page, and the pages accessed while visiting the Site, which, to the extent such information is identifiable with you, is Personal Information. We collect this Personal Information through “log files” and “cookies.” Log files are small text files that websites automatically create when a user visits a site. This information collected through log files is stored on the server on which the website is hosted. A cookie is a tool that enables us to track and target your preferences. They help us to learn, for example, how many new visitors the site is getting, and to identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Cookies and log files may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular page. They thus help us to provide you better designed and personalized services. Like many companies we also aggregate the Personal Information we collect automatically. The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you use this Website. These temporary cookies will expire when you leave the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Occasionally we provide links to other third party websites for your convenience. These sites operate independently from this Site and are not under our control. These sites may have their own privacy practices, notices or policies in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. Without limitation, we are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites or any other use of these sites, nor for any Personal Information processing and privacy practices associated with such sites.
- SCH will only retain Personal Information as long as needed to fulfill the relevant Purposes. The file containing your Personal Information will be made available to the authorized employees, contractors or agents of SCH who need to access the information in connection with the Purposes. The Personal Information will be held primarily in an electronic database.
- We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and all other unlawful forms of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. When you provide Personal Information online, we use encryption on the Internet which is industry standard for this type of information — Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology — to help protect the information that you provide. This Internet encryption standard scrambles Personal Information as it travels from your computer to our server. You will know that you are in a secure area of our website when a lock icon appears on your screen that the “http” prefix of our URL address changes to “https.” The “s” represents “secure.”
- We hereby agree to respect and observe the provisions set forth in Quebec Act respecting the protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector (the “Act”) and any other applicable Canadian federal or provincial legislation regulating the protection of personal information in the private sector. To the extent there is additional protection afforded to you, pursuant to the Act or any such other applicable privacy legislation, and same is not set forth herein, we agree to take such measures to give full effect to such additional protection.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, including our practices and policies in relation to our use of service providers, or want to have access to and have your Personal Information corrected, please contact http://www.sanofi.ca/l/ca/en/layout.jsp?scat=57F72C6E-450A-4D85-8444-26E1F54B73A1